Child Care Provider (Santa Maria)
Why join our countywide agency?
*Because each day we are making a difference in our community, and because we have a positive, employee- and client-centered work culture.
*We pay competitive rates and offer a strong benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave and holiday pay, employer-paid medical insurance, a free subscription to the meditation/sleep app Calm, and much more!
*We offer continuous employee education and development and paid clinical supervision.
*We work with our staff to offer flexibility whenever possible.
We look forward to you joining our team at FSA of Santa Barbara County!
The Family Support Services (FSS) team at FSA is growing! The FSS Child Care Provider will provide essential child care during parenting and relationship classes. The Child Care Provider will work collaboratively with co-Child Care Providers, program participants, and FSA staff to promote safe, nurturing, and enriching child care for participants’ children.
There are three (3) child care positions available. The Child Care Provider hours will vary and work will be available on an intermittent/as-needed basis. This position is based out of FSA’s Santa Maria location.
FSA strives to be a trauma-informed and resilience-oriented organization. Because working with those impacted by trauma can affect staff in various ways, FSA actively identifies and employs methods to support staff to embody a healthy and sustainable balance of care for both themselves and others.
Sample Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide basic, safe childcare for children ranging in ages from adolescents to infants.
2. Lead fun and enriching activities for children.
3. Model and coach the Nurturing Parenting philosophy.
4. Promote a hospitable and welcoming environment for all children and parents.
5. Correspond with parents to provide feedback as necessary.
6. Assist with site set up and clean up for each child care session.
7. Participate in any relevant orientations and trainings.
8. Attend necessary team meetings.
9. Comply with confidentiality standards.
10. Maintain a positive and cooperative relationship with co-parent partners.
1. Background check and TB test clearance required.
2. Reliable transportation to parenting classes and team meetings is required.
3. A minimum of two years’ experience providing services to children and/or families.
4. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
1. This position is part-time, occasional, and as-needed (3-6 hours per week). Benefits include a 403(b) retirement plan. Sick leave is also offered.
2. Pay is $19.00/hour.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is highly recommended that you submit a cover letter with your resume here.
Visit our portal for other open positions.