Family Support Services Assistant – Guadalupe
Why join our countywide agency?
*Because each day we are making a difference in our community, and because we have a positive, employee- and client-centered work culture.
*We pay competitive rates and offer a strong benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay, employer-paid medical insurance, a free subscription to the meditation/sleep app Calm, and much more!
*We offer continuous employee education and development and paid clinical supervision.
*We work with our staff to offer flexibility whenever possible.
We look forward to you joining our team at FSA of Santa Barbara County!
The Family Support Services (FSS) Assistant is responsible for front desk reception and general administrative and program duties, including assisting the Little House by the Park (LHP) and other FSA programs and departments. The position performs various administrative functions and will be based in the LHP office in Guadalupe.
FSA strives to be a trauma-informed and resilience-oriented organization. Because working with those impacted by trauma can affect staff in various ways, FSA actively identifies and employs methods to support staff to embody a healthy and sustainable balance of care for themselves and others.
Sample Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Open and close office buildings, including disarming and arming the alarm system.
- Answer and direct telephone calls, transfer, and take messages and distribute them to appropriate staff.
- Greet guests and inform staff of visitor arrivals.
- Provide information about FSA programs and refer to FSA staff and/or outside agencies when appropriate.
- Order office and building supplies and appropriately track expenses.
- Open, date, and distribute mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- In collaboration with the Operations Department, provide new hires and/or internal transfers with safety training, and set up general site-based needs.
- Assist program supervisors with file storage matters, annual offsite file storage, and document shredding per HIPAA regulations.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and organized and that current FSA program and partner agency materials are available to visitors. Periodically organize treatment rooms, workstations, kitchen, and storage closets.
- Maintain up-to-date staff roster, phone lists, and logs of all keys and lockbox codes for the LHP South and LHP North locations.
- Must be a high school graduate. Bachelor’s degree preferred; OR 2 years' experience in an office setting.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Previous experience in an office setting is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Pleasant, professional, and patient attitude when greeting visitors and clients required.
- Respectful and compassionate phone etiquette and the ability to relate well to clients and coworkers are essential.
- Valid automobile insurance, a CA Driver’s License, and reliable transportation are required to travel throughout Santa Barbara County.
Classification, Hours, and Pay Rate:
- This position is full-time (40 hours/week), non-exempt, with benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave also
- Pay starts at $22.00-$25.00/hour.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.